In the event of an employee injury please follow the steps below to ensure correct and swift processing of the claim for you and your employee.
- Ensure that employee obtains first aid and reports the injury to the employer
- It is preferable for the employee to see a doctor of your choice if possible, however the choice is the employees & they can see their own doctor, as soon as possible and obtain a medical certificate. This is known as a First Certificate of Capacity in the Workers’ Compensation system.
- Contact us by phone, e-mail or by completing the below form & submitting to our office & provide details of the incident. An employee’s form (2B) & an Employer’s form will be e-mailed to you immediately
- Fully complete both forms & return (scan/fax) to us together with the First Medical Certificate & any related accounts. Claims can not be submitted to Insurers without both forms & the medical certificate being received
- You are required to complete & return these forms to our office within 3 working days of receiving the claim form from the employee.
- The insurer then has 14 days to assess the claim